OKLAHOMA CITY – June 19, 2015 – (RealEstateRama) — Another Mobile Disaster Recovery Center will be available to help people in Oklahoma who were affected by the severe storms, straight-line winds, flooding and tornadoes occurring May 5 through June 4.
A Mobile DRC officially opens Friday, June 19, 2015 at 7 a.m. in Johnston County at:
Tishomingo High School (Band Room)
1300 East Main Street
Tishomingo, OK 73460
(This MDRC closes on Monday, June 22 at 7 p.m.)
The hours for the Mobile DRC are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday; 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.
DRCs are one-stop shops where survivors can get information and guidance about what disaster assistance may be available. Specialists from the Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management, the Federal Emergency Management Agency, the U.S. Small Business Administration and other federal agencies and volunteer organizations are on hand at the recovery centers to answer questions.
Other DRC locations in Cleveland, Comanche, Grady, Le Flore, Oklahoma, Pittsburg and Pottawatomie counties include:
- Community Shelter Safe Room/Poteau High School (MDRC), 100 Pirate Lane, Poteau, OK 74953; Hours: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday – Saturday; 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday Please note that effective Sunday, June 21, the DRCs below will be open from 9 a.m. to 7p.m. Monday – Saturday. Closed Sunday.
- Heart of Oklahoma Exposition Center, 1700 West Independence Street, Section D, Shawnee, OK 74802; Hours: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday – Saturday.
- Tomlinson Middle School Commons Area, 702 NW Homestead Drive Lawton, OK 73505; Hours: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday – Saturday.
- Pittsburg County Firefighters Association, 1505 East Wade Watts Avenue, McAlester, OK 74501; Hours: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday – Saturday.
- Noble High School; 4601 E. Etowah Road, Noble, OK 73068; Hours: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.Monday – Saturday.
- Bridge Creek Elementary School, Upper Grade Cafeteria; 2209 E. Sooner Road, Blanchard, OK 73010; Hours: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday – Saturday.
- Plaza Mayor at the Crossroads (Formerly Crossroads Mall), 7000 Crossroads Blvd., Northwest Entrance (Accessible from Southwest 66th Street), Suite 2042, Oklahoma City, OK 73149; Hours: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday – Saturday.
Survivors can apply for state and federal assistance online at www.disasterassistance.gov or by calling 800-621-FEMA (3362) or (TTY) 800-462-7585. Those who use 711-Relay or Video Relay Services can call 800-621-3362 to register.
Disaster recovery assistance is available without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, sex, age, disability, English proficiency or economic status. If you or someone you know has been discriminated against, call FEMA toll-free at 800-621-FEMA (3362). For TTY call 800-462-7585.
The Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management (OEM) prepares for, responds to, recovers from and mitigates against emergencies and disasters. The department delivers services to Oklahoma cities, towns and counties through a network of more than 350 local emergency managers.
FEMA’s mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards. Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/femaregion6and the FEMA Blog at http://blog.fema.gov.
The SBA is the federal government’s primary source of money for the long-term rebuilding of disaster-damaged private property. SBA helps businesses of all sizes, private non-profit organizations, homeowners, and renters fund repairs or rebuilding efforts and cover the cost of replacing lost or disaster-damaged personal property. These disaster loans cover losses not fully compensated by insurance or other recoveries and do not duplicate benefits of other agencies or organizations. For more information, applicants may contact SBA’s Disaster Assistance Customer Service Center by calling (800) 659-2955, emailing disastercustomerservice (at) sba (dot) gov, or visiting SBA’s website at www.sba.gov/disaster. Deaf and hard-of-hearing individuals may call (800) 877-8339.